The Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord will be celebrated on Sunday instead of on Thursday, May 26th. May 26th is no longer a Holy Day of Obligation.
Thank you to everyone who volunteered or helped in any way to make the OLP Country Fair a success! We couldn’t have done it without you. Special Thanks to the OLP Country Fair Committee for all your tireless, hard work in organizing and running the Fair!
Please watch this video by Fr. Francisco about the Archbishop’s Annual Appeal and who the funds help support. Please consider making a contribution. Envelopes are on the tables in the church. Thank you for your support!
See pictures of the OLP Youth Group’s Living Stations of the Cross, our beautifully decorated Altar and Vestibule and Easter Egg Hunt. If you would like to share any of your photos, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to post them.
To our OLP Family and Friends:
Here is a short list of Parish events, click here to go to the bulletin for more details:
The OLP Country Fair is May 18-21. Volunteers desperately needed to help. Drop off items for the New Gifts table in the rectory. Come to the Fair!!!
Giant 50/50 Raffle Tickets are on sale in the Rectory! Drawing Saturday night at the Country Fair!
Mondays – Weekly Sandwich Ministry at 1 pm Parish Hall. Make or bring sandwiches for those in need also fruit and snacks are welcomed. Monetary donations needed.
Tuesdays – Food Pantry 10-12 am; last Saturday of the Month 9-11 am
8 – Mother’s Day
12 – Bold High School Teen Welcome Summer BBQ 6-7:30 pm Parish Hall Lawn
13 – Bold Middle 7-8:30pm
15 – BOLD Trip to Six Flags
17 – Sandwiches for St. Joe’s – drop off at Rectory Monday afternoon or Tuesday before 9:30 am
18 – Country Fair 6-10pm
19 – Country Fair 6-10pm
20 – Country Fair 6-11pm
21 – Country Fair 1-11pm
24 – Right to Life Ministry Meeting – 7pm PH rescheduled due to Country Fair
26 – No longer Holy Day of Obligation. The Ascension of Our Lord will be celebrated on Sunday.
The OLP Food Pantry is open on Tuesdays, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and the last Saturday of the month from 9:00 -11:00 a.m.
Pre-packaged bags have been distributed to an average of 40 families per week thanks to your generosity. The following items are in most need: non-perishable milk, rice, pancake mix, cereal, pasta sauce, Pasta sides, canned pasta & razors. Monetary Donations are always welcome.
You can drop off donations at the Rectory from Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm or in the Church during weekend masses.
Thank you for allowing the Pantry to serve those in need with your donations.
- Holy Week – Altar Servers are needed for 7:30 p.m. Mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday Service at 3:00 p.m. and the Easter Vigil at 8:30 p.m. Training will be provided.
- The Food Pantry Committee needs another person to accompany our driver to the Food Bank in Hillside; two Thursdays a month from 9:00 -11:00 a.m. to pick
up food for Tuesday distribution. If interested, please contact Marie Russo at 908-472-3868.
- We are looking to have 3 main ushers per weekend mass. PLEASE leave your name at the Rectory so we may schedule a meeting. This applies to current and new ushers.
- If you have made your First Holy Communion and would like to become an altar server, please contact Liz Frith at email@example.com .
- Help is needed in washing and ironing Altar Linens used during masses.
- The Prayer Shawl Group is looking for knitters to make shawls. Call Gail Seeley if interested – 908 464-4109.