2018 – 2019 Family of Faith Calendar
February Family of Faith: The Sacraments of Healing: Penance/Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick
Jesus came to bring healing for our body and our soul. It was his desire that through the ministry of the Church, spiritual and physical healing would continue to be available to all. In the Sacrament of Reconciliation our sins are forgiven and we are reconciled to God and His Church through confession and acts of penance. In these sacraments of healing, God continually reaches out to us, offering healing, forgiveness, and grace.
Family Assignment for February
Read and Practice Your Catholic Home, page 134 or 144
- Complete one activity from Lesson 8: The Sacraments of Healing
- Complete one activity from Lesson 9: Restoring Our Relationship With God
- Complete the Grace Person, Activity 8, as directed on page 163 or 179 in the Parent’s Guide; page 97 in the Children’s Activity Book.
NOTE: In the Children’s Activity Book, The Examination of Conscience for Children on pg. 92 and Steps to a Good Confession on pg.94 are good reviews and preparation for going to the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Remember, we should receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least once a year!
The Family of Faith evaluation form is available to download here. You can fill it out anonymously and drop it off at the rectory ar return it by scan/email or U.S. mail — however your feel most comfortable.
Lesson 8: The Sacraments of Healing
- Sacraments of Healing: Reconciliation & Anointing Fr. Chris Walsh
Lesson 9: Restoring Our Relationship With God
March FAMILY OF FAITH REMINDER:
- Wednesday, March 6 – ASH WEDNESDAY – please accompany your child to church for ashes! Check bulletin for times.
- Sunday,March 10, immediately following 9:00 a.m. Mass in the gym
- Wednesday, March 13 (parents only), at 7:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
Questions? Please contact the Parish Catechetical Office: email@example.com 908-464-8156