January Family of Faith: The Eucharist
Jesus, the Passover Lamb; Holy Mass and the Effects of the Eucharist.
Holy Mass has deep roots in the Passover. Jesus became the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. At the Last Supper, Jesus instituted a New Covenant and offered salvation in His Body and Blood to all of humanity. Jesus’ death and resurrection frees humanity from the slavery of sin and death, with the promise of eternal salvation. It is the sacrifice of Jesus’ Body and Blood that we commemorate every time we celebrate the Eucharist at Holy Mass.
Family Assignment for January
- Read and Practice Your Catholic Home, page 102 or 110, honoring Mary, Mother of God. On January 1, we celebrate the Solemnity of Mary, a Holy Day of Obligation.
- Complete one activity from Lesson 6: The Eucharist: Jesus, the Passover Lamb.
- Complete one activity from Lesson 7: Holy Mass and the Effects of the Eucharist.
- Complete the Grace Person, Activity 3, as directed on page 125 or 138 of the Parent’s Guide
Lesson 6 The Eucharist: Jesus, the Passover Lamb
Lesson 7: Holy Mass and the Effects of the Eucharist.
February FAMILY OF FAITH REMINDER:
- Sunday, February 10, immediately following 9:00 a.m. Mass in the gym,
- Wednesday, February 13 (parents only), at 7:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
Questions? Please contact the Parish Catechetical Office: email@example.com 908-464-8156