The Parish 75th Anniversary Celebration was a SUCCESS. The Mass was beautiful with Cardinal Tobin presiding and our choirs singing. Great food, drink and company were had by all! A special thank you to Fr. Bill and the Anniversary Committee. The next celebration will be September 10th – Mark your calendar.
To find out more about the History of our Parish, please click here!
A Reminiscence from Leo Piovano
I moved to NP from Chicago at the time when the lovely statue of Our Lady of Peace in front of our church had been commissioned for sculpturing by an artist near Carrara, Italy. When first meeting with Monsignor Hayes – of blessed memory I must have mentioned that I was working in New York in charge of an office handling export and import shipping and dealing with various countries doing business with the U.S. He told me about the statue being completed in Italy and wondered if I could help. Of course, I offered my services as a little contribution to the project. Shortly after that meeting I ended up getting in touch with the sculptor, (asked to do so by the parish committee involved). They had examined the pictures that had come from Italy and desired some retouching of Our Lady’s eyes. The sculptor took care of that, resubmitted pictures and they were approved. In collaboration with an Italian shipping company, transportation from the Port of Genova to New York was arranged. All documentation for the S/S line and for U.S. Customs was prepared. Customs clearance on arrival was given priority with transportation for the final leg of the journey from Manhattan to site ending what was a laborious but very successful undertaking. MAY OUR LADY SMILE ON EACH ONE OF US FOR A LONG TIME!
If you have a story you’d like to share – email email@example.com
For more information on these and other events, please click here for the Bulletins.
September 1 – First Friday – Adoration will be held in the church starting after the 12:10 PM Mass and conclude at 5 PM with Benediction.
September 9 – Market St. Mission Clothing Drive 9 am Parish Hall
September 9-10 – Cub Scout Pack 99 will be selling popcorn after all the Masses
September 10th – 75th Anniversary BBQ and Backpack Sunday Mass at Noon
September 16th – The Rosary Altar Society will sponsor a fund raiser, “Saturday at Halls Garden Center”
September 19th – Sandwiches for St. Joseph Social Service Center
September 30th – OLP Adult Parish Dance
From the Food Pantry Committee:
The Food Pantry Committee and those who utilize it greatly appreciate your generosity. Monetary donations are welcome. The following items are in short supply: peanut butter, jelly, jarred sauce, beef stew, corned beef hash, cereal, soup, beans and canned fruit.
The Food Pantry Committee is in need of volunteers to help on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as Substitutes for all days. Please contact Marie Russo if interested at 908-472-3868.
Thank you for your donations!
If you are able to help in any of these areas, please contact the rectory 908 464-7600:
- Eucharistic Ministers for Sunday Mass
- Manor Care Eucharistic Ministers and helpers to set up for Monday Mass
- Adult Altar Servers for weekday masses
- Food Pantry – The Food Pantry Committee is in need of volunteers to help on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as Substitutes for all days. Please contact Marie Russo if interested at 908-472-3868.
- Homeless Ministry needs volunteers
- Prayer Shawl Ministry needs knitters and crocheters
- Sacristy – Help is needed in keeping our Altar looking beautiful. Please consider giving an hour or so of your time on a Friday to help with the Altar candles and vessels used during Mass. If interested please contact the rectory.
- Religious Ed – Catechists are needed in Grades 5 on Wednesday afternoons for the 2017-8 school year.