The Right to Life Ministry meets monthly on the third Tuesday at 7PM in the Parish Hall and is open to all Parishioners. Please come and share your thoughts and ideas. RTL does not meet in the summer months. We usually meet the third Tuesday of the month. The September meeting has been cancelled! The next scheduled meeting, the third week in October, is Tuesday October 18.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more information, contact Carol Treventi (201-978-4439) or George Muench (908-447-4433).
RIGHT TO LIFE MINISTRY
The Right to Life Ministry is dedicated to building a Culture of Life where all lives matter… from conception to natural death! We hope to provide, herein, information on events and resources where parishioners can get involved in protecting life!
1) Promote prayer and raise awareness among parishioners in Our Lady of Peace (OLP) Parish.
2) Provide actionable programs, were parishioners can get involved in expressing their concern, interest and faith by building a “Culture of Life” within OLP.
Even if you are not able to directly participate, PRAY, as often as you can, for God’s blessings to ABOLISH ABORTION.
BUILDING A CHRISTAIN CULTURE OF LIFE
The Catholic News Agency, Catholic World Report and EWTN are several reliable websites for learning about current trends in the Culture of Life.
Links to recent suggested articles include:
- Pope Francis: “Faith is like fire, not a Lullaby” and “The World is evil, not Christian”
- “The Fifties, Freedom, and the Future of the Family” U.S. Bishops’ Pro-Life Chairman Responds to Executive Order Facilitation Abortion
- “Our Moral Responsibility As Catholic Citizens” and “Bishops’ Statements on Abortion”, Kansas City’s Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann
LOCAL ACTIVITIES – GET INVOLVED
LOOKING TO GET ADVICE AND HELP!
Women do have choices! An abundance of misinformation is generated through the internet, news and televised broadcast. But there are reliable pro-life centers readily available that will provide help and guidance, and answer questions.
Students for Life (SFLA) is an active group focused on providing information on college campuses as well as church communities. They have built an aggressive grass roots program to help protect life! Taylor McGee, our Regional Coordinator for SFLA, noted that their mission is to educate the community on life principles and to create an awareness of the Crisis Pregnancy Centers.
OTHER INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES:
Frank Tirari PhD, a Professor Emeritus at Seton Hall University, publishes a monthly newsletter – Family and ProLife News Brief. Click here to read Frank’s newsletter.